Community Housing Partnership’s mission is to help homeless people secure housing and become self-sufficient.
Community Housing Partnership is an outcomes-focused nonprofit that fulfills its mission by developing and managing high quality supportive housing and providing services to homeless individuals, seniors and families to help them rebuild their lives and break the cycle of homelessness.
At CHP, we believe that – given adequate and tailored support – all people possess the capacity to achieve a high degree of self-sufficiency. In order to support our residents to reach their fullest potential, CHP embraces and undertakes the following practices:
- Housing – We believe that individuals that have experienced homelessness need safe, supported and affordable housing to stabilize their lives.
- Engagement – We understand that the experience of homelessness can be isolating and erode one’s sense of hope and trust. CHP staff is trained to engage with residents to build trusting relationships and to build hope.
- Choice – CHP staff provide non-judgmental support to residents to reduce the harm in their lives, assisting them to make informed choices and stabilize their lives.
- Employment – We know that people that have experienced homelessness want to stabilize their lives and go back to work. With the right opportunities and supports, offered by CHP staff, our residents gain employment and become more economically secure.
- Advocacy & Community Leadership – CHP’s history and work are rooted in community organizing. We are committed to work with our allies to create new solutions and policies that advance our mission and promote social justice, and we work hard to cultivate leadership across the organization—among residents, staff, board, and the broader community.
We build community
We create opportunity